Thanks for being interested in the launch of The Sent Life Community! We’re pretty excited about it and hope you are too! It’s our passion and commitment to see a new, exciting, vibrant church established in California, PA that gives this incredible community an opportunity to discover what part God has called us to in His kingdom.
When we began praying about doing ministry we really believed God was saying that this wasn’t about just starting another church. It was first about becoming radical Christ followers. It was about focusing our hearts and directing our worship to the God who loved us first. Our Christian walk was never meant to be about ourselves, it’s about becoming passionate about our God, about being deeply and madly in love with Him. As a community, we are called together, to a common-unity to seek the heart of God above all else.
Secondly, It was about becoming consumed with God’s heart to reach lost and hurting people. God the Father sends God the Son who sends God the Holy Spirit; all three send us. That sending nature is all about the redemptive mission of God to the whole world through the work of His Messiah. Jesus said in John 20:21 “As the Father has sent me, even so, I am sending you.” then in Acts 1:8 Jesus says “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” This is what it means to be sent.
“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:20
We’re attempting to assemble a team of people that will will partner together to help make The Sent Life Community happen. If you think this would be a great venue for California, PA we’d love to have you to join us!
Finding Your Fit:
99.99% of people have never helped launch a new church before. Hopefully this will help.
What we are looking for from our team members:
- Everyday People: Whoever you are, where ever you come from, we’re looking for you.People who are ready to see something like The Sent Life Community happen in California, PA.
- Diversity: A diverse, eclectic group with all types of backgrounds and interests makes fora fun and unique team and expression of the gospel.
- Agreement: Our vision and values are important to us. We’ve been praying that people would read through our values and inwardly say, “YES! FINALLY!” See the attachment to read through them – if you like them – you’ll like us. We’re not looking for perfect people, just people who embrace our values and are committed to grow.
- Humility: We’re for each other, and on a mission together. There’s no time or room for soapbox agenda. Launch team members need to be teachable and have a desire to serve each other and our city.
- Availability: The Sent Life Community is a place to serve. We ask that all team members commit to being at the scheduled meetings, and try to be available at any outreach we do, which will be no more than one per month.
Does this sound do-able for you? If so, consider the next step.
Option A: Come to one of our scheduled meetings as listed on our website. It’s an informal, social gathering where you can meet people, eat some food, and find out more about being on board. We’ll also have a couple leaders share some Scripture, and have some unplugged music for worship and reflection.
Option B: Meet up with friends and Father Darrin for coffee and get to know them better.
Option C: If this is too much too soon – no worries! We invite you to come to one of our regular services when we begin them.
Our heart is to live out the vision of a people who are called to fix their eyes on the one who rescues us and calls us to new life. I invite you to join us on a journey of becoming radical Christ followers.